How important is Oak island

Light-hearted on-topic banter in our own virtual pub! Nuggets of humour found here!!

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

How important is Oak island

Postby Vincent on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:49 pm

If you had to rate the importance of Oak Island on an international scale would it come before Area 51 and the Nazca lines? the people who made this video seemed to think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIIQ-UX5 ... re=related
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Re: How important is Oak island

Postby spottswood on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:48 pm

I realize I'm bumping this thread a bit... but it does parrallel a similar thought I was just having. Relative "significance" can be measured only if we view the secrets themselves as redundant details.

Area 51 is a hoax in my opinion, but I cannot deny the positive cultural impact the Roswell incident has had on society. Many americans do not deny the existence of aliens, and a few have even claimed to see them. This didn't start with the Roswell incident but that incident became the myth that has the strongest grip among UFO believers. And its the starting point for many movies such as IJ4 and Independence Day. Even people who don't believe in aliens find they can easily "suspend disbelief" thanks to the Roswell Incident.

If I were to rank them for cultural impact, Roswell would naturally come first.

However I don't believe in Roswell. I DO believe in the Money Pit. It doesn't have to be the Masons or Templars who constructed it for the myth to be proven true. Those fantastical elements of the Money Pit could all be proven false with the discovery of what lies within. But by simply discovering anything authentic the Money Pit will become a myth that is proven true. The impact of the Money Pit's architecture, although possibly smaller than Roswell's cultural impact, could be called nothing less than a World Wonder.
spottswood
Digging for Ore

Postby Jo on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am

This is an interesting discussion point - I must have missed the thread earlier.

In my opinion, when attributing significance to mysteries / events I think we need to look at the impact their existence may have on mankind as a whole. Therefore, something like proving Area 51 was (or still is) used as a facility for testing alien technologies would be highly significant as this discovery would impact mankind as whole. It would exist as proof that life did exist on other planets, something which would have repercussions worldwide for religion, not to mention the general perception of ourselves in a much grander scheme of things.

Likewise, if tangible evidence existed which proved life after death, or ghosts, or a spirit world, this would similarly have much more of an impact on the way in which we live our lives.

However, where finding treasure in the Money Pit would indeed be exciting, and highly significant for us, it would not really have much bearing on 'the man in the street' or contribute to our progress as a species...unless of course, that treasure was more than just gold and rubies.
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Tank04 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 am

I think the importance of a place culturally speaking, depends entirely on where you are from. If you live in this county, you may place Oak Island in the top seven, and it already has, by poll, last year. Looking at it from a Nova Scotia perspective, it is probably in the top ten. As you move you beyond provincial borders to different provinces within Canada, the number gets significantly watered down, then internationally, we see a drift occurring, but I would think Oak Island can still be placed in the top 25 or so, certainly in the top 50. I think even at that, Oak Island remains a significant culturally important part of the world experience.

To me, that we have a web site based in England, and Oak Island discussion going on between a Nova Scotian, a Texan and two Brits, speaks volumes on this.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby MassMax on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:21 pm

That's an interesting list presented in the video, although I question the inclusion of natural phenomena like Ayers Rock and the Olgas. To me "mysterious" equates to not knowing why people would spend so much time and effort to construct something whose purpose is difficult to guess. A good measure of the "mystery" is the gap between the difficulty of the construction and knowing why it was built in the first place. Based on that scale, Oak Island scores pretty well. Assuming you agree that the Money Pit was not a natural occurence, a significant effort appears to have gone into its construction and as this forum proves, the "why" is pure speculation. But I would rank the Nazca lines and Stonehenge much, much higher than Oak Island, considering how challenging they were to create at the time they were built (BTW, could you believe the video neglected to mention that the Nazca figures are only visible from the air?). The passage of time also deepens the mystery value. Based on all these factors, Area 51 is barely a blip on the radar, with its recent construction using well-established building techniques and a clear purpose. Whether or not you believe alien bodies/spacecraft are present at Area 51, its purpose is to obviously test new technology in fairly secure surroundings.

That said, I agree with Jo that revealing the existence of aliens at Area 51 would shake the world much more than the discovery of what's hidden on Oak Island, if there's a monster in Loch Ness, or why the ancients erected Stonehenge and carved the Nazca lines.

My 2 cents (fresh from a stimulus package).
MassMax
Digging for Gems

Postby Tank04 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:32 pm

MassMax,

...I agree with Jo that revealing the existence of aliens at Area 51 would shake the world much more than the discovery of what's hidden on Oak Island,...

Yes, but what if they found aliens under Oak Island?????
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Tank04 wrote:MassMax,

...I agree with Jo that revealing the existence of aliens at Area 51 would shake the world much more than the discovery of what's hidden on Oak Island,...

Yes, but what if they found aliens under Oak Island?????

Precisely. Remember, there is a theory out there that the Money Pit is simply an 'alien remolecularizer' - whatever the heck that is.

:lol:
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:18 pm

With regards to Area 51 I recently gained access to a leaked document dated 2/4/09, the document in question came from a secret NSA department known as Black flower, although some government departments know it only as B5, The document was written by Special agent Ronald Muir but unfortunately the recipient of the document is unknown. In this document S.A. Muir categorically refers to Area 51 in explicit detail, I quote...

"I regret that I find that I can no longer continue with the charade, It is now simply a matter of time before Congress will begin to ask some very difficult questions about the Groomlake test sight, (Area 51)the people of this fine union have a basic constitutional right to the truth."

He goes even further...

"How am I to answer to why in the last 60 years spent $100,000,000 on patent white leather shoes, beige golfing slacks and Bing Crosby style Christmas jumpers?"

And...

"What plausible explanation will be acceptable when I have to divulge that our only communication with these beings has been there delight at the hit show "Dancing on Ice","Your a very nice young man" and "can you tell me where the nearest washroom is?"

And finally on a personal note he adds...

"Why cant we just send them back to Florida, by the way can I have my copy of "Debbie does the entire west coast" back and I must admit your recipe for falafel is much better than mine"

:lol:

No offence was meant to any one on this forum from Florida and no animals were harmed in the writing of this post.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby spottswood on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 am

Area 51, without offending anyone.... has far more evidence going against it than for it.

This introduction to physics video is the best account of what happened in Roswell New Mexico in 1947, in my opinion. The only problem is you must be patient because it is an entire college lecture. But the entire thing is fascinating because Maurice Ewing was a genius in discovering these Sound Channels.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2602777622
spottswood
Digging for Ore

Postby spottswood on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 am

And the reason why this physics lecture is the best account is because there is no conjecture on why or how or who dunnit. There's no guessing "obviously someone is hiding something so it must be this random conclusion" the lecture is almost entirely SCIENCE.... leading up to the theories of Maurice Ewing and his objectives with Project Mogul.

UFO believers try to discredit Project Mogul by looking at a single piece of evidence (or heresay) and revolving their entire theory based on that tiny shred of "proof". This counter theory is not talking about the eye witness accounts or the news sensationalism that created the myth. Its talking about what lead to project mogul, scientifically, so that to dispute Project Mogul is to dispute the science of waves themselves.

If you can disprove the scientific principles in this video then you can prove that aliens landed at Roswell. And no one has or ever will. For more than 60 years an endless supply of conjecture and fantasy has spewed forth from something that is based on Cold War science that is much, much more fascinating!

The Sofar spheres are not alien technology. Project Mogul balloons are not alien technology. Neither are Tesla coils or space rockets. Humans imagine something and over generations they actually fill in the gaps of how it is made. Its a crime against humanity to insist that something higher such aliens are responsible for something that a human invented. We should all rejoice in the accomplishments of Maurice Ewing, Nikola Tesla, and Leonardo Davinci. And we should all seek to be equally as inventive.

Humans will develop UFOs. They won't just fall into our laps. THAT is the power of the human mind. And that is why I believe in the Money Pit.
spottswood
Digging for Ore

Next

Return to The Spyglass Inn