The Secret of Nolan's Cross

A restricted area for registered users to describe their own research, request assistance or organise group/shared research projects and digs.

Moderator: Jo

The Secret of Nolan's Cross

Postby Dave Wood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am

Hi All,
One thing about the Oak Island mystery that has always fascinated me is Nolan's Cross,and especially it's measurements along it's stem between what are commonly known as Cones A,D and E.Over the past four years I've tried every combination of calculations for those figures without any success,even geometrically the boulders have'nt fitted into the picture with the rest of the geometry I've developed from the Cross.
In the following post,Jo has kindly offered to post links to 4 papers explaining what I believe to be the reason for Nolan's Cross set at the distances as proposed by Petter Amundsen,of 294ft,429ft and 147ft,which differ from Fred Nolan's survey of 293ft,429ft and 145ft.
Some may agree with it,some not,but the odds of the results shown,happening by chance, are probably more than winning the National lottery.I believe the boulders were set at those measurements to provide the figures required to achieve the end result by the designer of the Cross,and hence the reason for the construction of the cross itself.
The papers need to be read in the order of the Simple Cipher first followed by Pages 1 and 2 with reference to the Drawing.
I'll add more of an explanation after Jo has posted the links.

Dave
(OITS)
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Re: The Secret of Nolan's Cross

Postby Jo on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am

Here are Dave's calculations and diagrams:

[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks Jo.

An amendment to drawing (a).The name of the Sefira is Malkuth,not Malchek as shown.
The 5100ft. shown is the sum of the distances from Cone D,not including the 282ft. to Malkuth.

Dave
(OITS)
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Dave!

Nice to see this - if i remember correctly, we had a little discussion about this a few years back, well, not a discussion, you tried to explain it to me, and i tried to understand :) Anyway, i was trying to remember if we ever discussed Francis Bacons tomb?
Knowledge is like jam; the less you have of it, the more you spread it around.
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 am

Good to see you back Morpho,where have you been hiding.I don't think we did discuss the tomb,what have you got,and as for the above it's just simple arithmetic,nothing complicated,just think 17th.c not 21st.century. :)

Dave
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 am

All,

This is very interesting but I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings........I have it on good authority that Nolan's cross as we know it was destroyed a few years ago when certain stones were reported to have been removed thus leaving no physical evidence to verify it's existence. :(
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby morpho79 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 am

Vincent,
if i remember correctly, one of the stones was indeed moved,but removed? Perhaps, but in that case, i am fairly confident there are either records of its original position or visible markings on the ground where it was, or both. In fact, i think that was what contributed to the 2ft difference in the different measurements taken. But it's been a while since i've been thinking about this, perhaps Dave can fill us in with the correct information :)

Dave,
I haven't really got anything(yet) apart from a vague speculation; we all know about FB and his codes, there are rumours FB didn't die in the spring of 1626, other tombs and gravestones have proven(?) to hold clues before,and i was just wondering if someone with an eye for details had taken a closer look at FB's tomb. It's plaque is written in latin, so i didn't get much out of that, at least; the bad image of it that i've seen shows that there are no obvious irregularities, although i'm far from certain. Can't find much on the net, apart from some people being convinced FB created 144 treasure-caches all over NorthAmerica, and that Queen Elizabeth I was his mother :p

EDIT:
From Wikipedia: "Malkuth means Kingdom. It is associated with the realm of matter/earth and relates to the physical world, the planets and the solar system." Francis Bacons picture is underlined by the description The Uncrowned King in his book Sylva Sylvarum: Or a Natural History in Ten Centuries,released after his death by his "first and last chaplain" Dr. W.Rawley. What star and/or starsign was it that corresponds to Malkuth and the Tree of Life? If the Virgo and/or Libra has any connection here, i might be on to something interesting :p
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 am

Morph,Vincent,
I did hear from Danny that Fred's son had a Backhoe near the beach stone(Cone C),digging around.I just hope he didn't remove that one or any of the others,that would be sacrilege.
If what I have shown is original to the 17th.c then we have straight from the horses mouth from people of that period that he did die in 1626.What I haven't shown is that the Cross gives his birth and death years of 1561 - 1626,and so does the Stone Triangle.Why say 1626 if he died later.
What's the connection with his star sign Morpho.
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Dave,
I'm not saying he died at any other time than 1626, i have no reason to believe so, i just stumbled over a webpage saying FB faked his own death in 1626 for reasons unknown. I'm not too concerned with that part, though, it happened as i was trying to find a connection between Cygnus and Astraea(on FB's tomb), the only thing i've come across so far is that Astraea(Virgo) is the daughter of Zeus, who transformed himself into a swan(Cygnus), and then we have the Sweet Swan of Avon to think about, and the Tree of Life on OI...it's confusing, but at least some thoughts are starting to rotate in the rusty ol' head :p
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:23 am

I don't know if any of the Sephira are associated with any of the signs of the Zodiac.I do remember reading a web site on the subject but I think it was New age gobbledegook which is nothing to go by,maybe there is an association in the Christian version of the ToL,I'll take a look.
I remember you asking me a while back if anything had shown up in the geometry of the Cross further on from Kether.A position has at 141ft.Some Kaballists say that there is another position on the Tol there that is never shown called Ein Sof or Ain Aur Sof.Is that what you were referring to.I wonder if there is another boulder buried there along with the others Petter found.

Dave
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Next

Return to Research Projects