Cauda Cygni

A restricted area for registered users to describe their own research, request assistance or organise group/shared research projects and digs.

Moderator: Jo

Postby Petter Amundsen on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:39 pm

Right or wrong, at least you and I agree. I believe it will be hard not to agree with us when the evidence is presented. It has been frustrating sitting on the sideline knowing what I know, having to curb myself, waiting for the right moment. Ideally the film and the book should be released simultaneously, as well as the English version of the book. But I have to play by old rules, and when you have new material that can be testing.

It is English readers like you who will want this book, even if Norwegian test readers, who have never heard about OI, still find it amazing. Those who know a few things about OI, Shakespeare, Rosicrucians and Masons will get ever so much more from it. It is only when you desire the answer you appreciate finding it. Norwegians don't know much about OI or Shakespeare. We know a few things about Ibsen, though. :wink:

The film will hopefully be shown on National TV. And then be available on DVD. It is to be distributed world-wide by ZDF in Germany. I hope that it is ready for distribution around Easter time, but I have learnt that whenever I guess on its ETA I fail. In the meantime the book hopefully will arouse some interest. I think admirers of fine art, together with readers of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, will appreciate my attempt on solving the motto ET IN ARCADIA EGO and the Shugborough monumentS.

The motto is found in Shakespeare, too... :shock:

Bye for now,
Petter Amundsen
Petter Amundsen
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Petter.

Again thank you for your post, I appreciate everything you say and look forward to reading your work.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:05 pm

Vincent wrote:Petter.

Again thank you for your post, I appreciate everything you say and look forward to reading your work.

Ditto. :)
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Petter Amundsen on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:49 pm

It is a good omen that the book is sold to two publishers outside Norway a month before it is launched here! :D

Next week, on the Frankfurt book fair, my agent will try to hook more publishers, and hopefully one in an English speaking country.

It is a long time since a Norwegian book was licenced abroad before its local release. If this enthusiasm is spreading I predict the coming of and an English version in January.

Cheers,
Petter Amundsen
Petter Amundsen
Digging for Diamonds

Postby FutureProspect784 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Petter Amundsen wrote:It is a good omen that the book is sold to two publishers outside Norway a month before it is launched here! :D

Next week, on the Frankfurt book fair, my agent will try to hook more publishers, and hopefully one in an English speaking country.

It is a long time since a Norwegian book was licenced abroad before its local release. If this enthusiasm is spreading I predict the coming of and an English version in January.

Hey, that's great news, glad to hear it! Congrats! :D :)
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:57 pm

Petter,

This forum as well as the OITS sites are excellent starting points for any new books in english on Oak Island. I would purchase one and I am sure others wanting to stay abreast of the mystery would as well purchase one. I don't know the minimal amount needed but I feel strongly that an english book on Oak Island would sell and very well. Thats just my opinion.

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Last edited by badinfluence63 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby acdonah on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:11 pm

I know I can't wait for Petter's book to come out. Petter.....can I get a signed copy? I will definitely pay for the extra shipping costs to get one :D

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Petter Amundsen on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:34 am

Thank you for the suport!

Regarding signed books, I don't know if I will get my hands on the English version. Perhaps I will get some copies of each edition, I don't know.

But the thing to own, for a collector, is the first edition, which has a print run of 5000 and will be in a strange language! :wink:

Cheers,
Petter Amundsen
Petter Amundsen
Digging for Diamonds

Postby acdonah on Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:48 am

Hi All,

Here are some interesting pictures of Cygnus in the sky over OI using the Stellarium program, which is free BTW. The pictures show Cygnus at the Spring Equinox and Fall Equinox at midnight.

The picture above is the Spring Equinox position of Cygnus. It is interesting because Cygnus is rising out of the horizon in the NE (symbolize the BIRTH of Cygnus?). The second thing is that Auriga is also on the horizon, which I believe is carved as a glyph on the center stone of the Nolan's cross.

The picture above shows Sextans to the South at the same time. Most of us believe that the stone triangle is indeed a sextant.

The last picture is of Cygnus at Fall Equinox at midnight. Cygnus is diving into the horizon to the NW.

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:20 pm

acd,

Yeah, Stellarium is a great program. I'm still trying to figure out how it works. :lol:
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Previous

Return to Research Projects