Oak Island Repository

The place for Oak Island related discussion. Got a question about the mystery? Need some pointers on where to find out more?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Oak Island Repository

Postby . . . on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Does anybody know what happened to the repository of Oak Island papers, files etc,, that I believe the OITS was assembling? While I was in favour of this, I was reluctant to deposit material for fear that the collection might get lost in a fire, just disappear, get broken up, or eventually sold.

How successful was the initiative? I’m aware there’s been a move to assemble OI artifacts in museum conditions, but is there a local reference library, or such, assembling documentary material on Oak Island with a view to making this accessible to all, and protecting it?
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Re: Oak Island Repository

Postby opus on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Are you referring to Dan B. cabinet files?
A treasure hunter will take your money and his experience and turn it into his money and your experience.
opus
Digging for Diamonds

Postby . . . on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:14 pm

opus wrote:Are you referring to Dan B. cabinet files?

I don't think it was just this. I had a feeling the project had greater scope. I've tried to search the forum for traces of it, but this failed to come up with anything. Maybe I'm mistaken. Thanks.
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby opus on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:52 pm

In reference to the Dan B. files, an effort was made on I believe two occasions to digitize some of his paper records. These files are, no doubt, quite extensive. With the demise of the OITS, I don't know what has happened to the digital version(s) generated but it wouldn't be surprising that it does exist in one or two places as a potential future resource.

Merry Christmas to all,

Opus
A treasure hunter will take your money and his experience and turn it into his money and your experience.
opus
Digging for Diamonds

Return to General Discussion