Michigan Mob

The place for Oak Island related discussion. Got a question about the mystery? Need some pointers on where to find out more?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: Michigan Mob

Postby . . . on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:09 pm

I found a review of last week’s episode reporting that a researcher from Sweden had determined that the supposed cipher stone at 90 feet contained a second message: “At 80ft guide corn, long narrow sea inlet drain—F.” Apparently, the 'F' signifies Francis Bacon.

This Porta decryption of the cipher stone isn’t new. To the best of my knowledge, it was first published in February 1971 by Ross Wilhelm, Associate Professor of Business Economics at the University of Michigan. I have his paper on the subject in front of me now. He declared the text to read: “A ochenta gui(a) mij(o) r(i)a sumideq(o). F.” In this interpretation, the 'F' is ‘Felipe’ (Philip II of Spain.)

Francis Bacon’s Spanish apparently wasn’t up to much! The last word of the plaintext is assumed to be ‘sumidero’. "At eighty (you) guide maize (into the) estuary (mouth of?) drain. F." So, pour the millet into the water channel, and it will swell and block off the supply. Simple!

However, ninety feet was a bit late to tell sombody that - the damage having already been done!
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Procutus on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know which OI book that Craig Tester was referencing two weeks back when they were discussing the core samples? I tried to get a look at the cover, but couldn't quite make it out. Just curious to see if its one on my bookcase or not.

regards,

Proc
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby Procutus on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 am

Well, I finally have managed to catch up on my viewing of the show. Only one ep remains to be seen, on Tuesday. From all appearances (at least from the promo for the finale) they find some form of evidence to support Dan's long-time belief that 10-X is in fact, a back door to the Money Pit.

This is exciting stuff and I can't wait to see what they've found.
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby Dave Wood on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 am

Procutus,
According to Wayward on another forum a press release was issued stating that the 'Spear of Destiny' had been found on the island,have you heard anything about it?

Dave
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:44 am

What I had written on the Arcadia Forum, was that "according to a supposed press release by PrFree.org, Nova Scotia Legislator, Denise Peterson-Rafuse, announced to a packed Nova Scotia Assembly, that the "Spear of Destiny" had been found on Oak Island."
If true, she was evidently calling for a ruling that an on site archeologist should be required by the team excavating on the island.
I am still trying to confirm this, although I have come across a couple of other on-line sources saying about the same thing.
I do not know about the reliability of any of these sources.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby . . . on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am

Dave Wood wrote:... a press release was issued stating that the 'Spear of Destiny' had been found on the island.

I imagine that would be worth a few dollars - even without the wooden shaft - but the rod Moses used to part the Red Sea might fetch even more. The Hammer of Thor would also be a good find. Maybe in Season twenty-nine?
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm

With the other 4 around the world that would then make 5 of them when there was only one used.They might get something for it on Trade-me.
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Procutus on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 am

Interesting. This is news to me, but I must admit to a healthy dose of skepticism here. For one thing, how on earth would anyone know it was the Spear of Destiny in the first place? I seriously doubt that it came with a label.

I'm also of the belief that if this was true, there would be no way that History Channel could keep a discovery like this secret for any length of time.
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby . . . on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:59 am

Procutus wrote:Interesting. This is news to me, but I must admit to a healthy dose of skepticism here.

Don't lose the faith! The Laginas are doing the job properly by bringing in acknowledged experts :wink: in the field of history and antiquities, such as J. Hutton Pulitzer, Kathleen McGowan and ... er ... that other famous guy :) . Reflect also on this, Hitler only had Walter Stein, but we've got Trevor Ravenscroft!
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:53 pm

I have just read the biggest load of rubbish concerning OI since Keith Raville hit the stage 6 years ago by this Pulitzer bloke on his website. Treasurebusiness.org does anyone know more.
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion