Oak Island Film Wanted!

The place for Oak Island related discussion. Got a question about the mystery? Need some pointers on where to find out more?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

A place for you

Postby Tank04 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:15 pm

zimmy,

Now am going to have to go to EOID'08

We will have a place reserved for you, come on down, or in your case, come on up. :lol:
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby FutureProspect784 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 pm

zimmy,

D'Arcy wrote:zimmy:

I own a copy of the original master tape (VHS from 16MM), which I intend to have transfered to DVD and will bring to EOID'08.

D'Arcy

What did I tell ya? Ain't this forum great!

:)

FP
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby zimmy on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:59 pm

zimmy:

I own a copy of the original master tape (VHS from 16MM), which I intend to have transfered to DVD and will bring to EOID'08.

D'Arcy

D'Arcy- Do you recall any picture of the drains in the "In Search of" video. I vaguely recall there being some video of them with some mention of inscribed stones at the mouth. Most likely my memory is a bit hazy as I was 13 when the episode aired and was most likely thinking about girls at the time. :)
zimmy
Digging for Ore

Postby D'Arcy on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:23 pm

zimmy wrote:
D'Arcy- Do you recall any picture of the drains in the "In Search of" video. I vaguely recall there being some video of them with some mention of inscribed stones at the mouth.

Zimmy:

Hardly possible, since the original "drains" haven't been seen since the 1850's. We did however create a schematic of what the drains looked like according to their description by the 1850's discoverers. As for "inscribed stones" at their mouth, there's no mention of that. Perhaps you're thinking of the flat stones that were said to have fashioned the box drains.

Most likely my memory is a bit hazy as I was 13 when the episode aired and was most likely thinking about girls at the time. :)

Hey, you can get warts on your hands doing that!

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby zimmy on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:36 pm

You are most likely correct. It was some time ago.
zimmy
Digging for Ore

Postby D'Arcy on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:25 pm

zimmy wrote:You are most likely correct. It was some time ago.

I'm confused. Are you referring to the Smith's Cove drains or to your hand warts here?

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby zimmy on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:08 pm

:lol: BOTH :lol:
zimmy
Digging for Ore

Film request...

Postby mutakwe on Fri May 30, 2008 12:08 am

Hi again Jo,

I don't know if this helps, but there are 2 excellent films, (although VHS), at the Dartmouth/Cole Harbour Library. I realize you are in the UK of course, but I know you are comming for EOID and this is only an hour's drive from where we are staying. I happen to have a library card cause I lived there and I would be happy to drive you there exactly, but how would you copy them I wonder??? Well, I watched both myself and one does show the famous "severed hand".

I suppose this is not much good to you, but know that the offer is here if I can help you.

PS...I am trying to entice people to talk to me, but to no avail...I guess I must be patient.

J. (mutakwe)
mutakwe

Postby divemedic on Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 am

Hello mutakwe..welcome to the forum. Have fun.
divemedic
Digging for Diamonds

Hi, thank you...

Postby mutakwe on Fri May 30, 2008 1:04 am

Hi,

You are the first person come to talk to me and welcome me....and what a sweet little baby I see! (I have a 6 yr. old son myself).

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be right at home here. Hope to talk to you and maybe see you at EOID? I'm booked and headed for the promise land. hehehe.

Mutakwe.
mutakwe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion