The big reveal

The place for Oak Island related discussion. Got a question about the mystery? Need some pointers on where to find out more?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

The big reveal

Postby JodyLane3 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:20 pm

I missed that episode and History Channel locked it out. What was the big reveal???
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Re: The big reveal

Postby . . . on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Seems like déjà vu! Borehole 10X is a risky dive, maybe Dan was right, maybe some other things, but maybe that’s just good television.
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby JodyLane3 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Ok that doesn't tell me What the Big Reveal was.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 pm

JodyLane3 wrote:Ok that doesn't tell me What the Big Reveal was.

There was no big reveal. There was some sort of an early surprise when it was supposedly mentioned by Nova Scotia legislator Denise Peterson-Rafuse, that the "Spear of Destiny" had been found on Oak Island and that one of the persons working with the brothers, J. Hutton Pulitzer was said to be furious that she had mentioned it. The only problem is that I have read the whole transcript and can only see where a probably indigenous spear had been found. Evidently Ms. Rafuse was concerned that not everything found is turned over to the Nova Scotia Museums, and was in fact asking for an Archeologist be required to be present during any excavation on the Island.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby . . . on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:53 pm

That's exactly it. I’m not being obtuse, there was no Big Reveal, not to anybody who already knew what had previously been revealed. They got sonar down to the bottom of 10X, looked around, and then discussed what might have been revealed. They saw various shapes that could have been man made objects, and it’s just speculation but there might be a passage to the Money Pit. Maybe that was the Big Reveal. I don’t know. Rick seems to want to know more about what’s at the bottom of 10X. Marty is concerned about the risk of a dive being too great for the possible return. I assume they’re planning to stay with 10X, maybe re-sizing it, but I’m hoping somebody else got more out of it all, and can tell you what the Big Reveal really was.
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 pm

. . . wrote:That's exactly it. I’m not being obtuse, there was no Big Reveal, not to anybody who already knew what had previously been revealed. They got sonar down to the bottom of 10X, looked around, and then discussed what might have been revealed. They saw various shapes that could have been man made objects, and it’s just speculation but there might be a passage to the Money Pit. Maybe that was the Big Reveal. I don’t know. Rick seems to want to know more about what’s at the bottom of 10X. Marty is concerned about the risk of a dive being too great for the possible return. I assume they’re planning to stay with 10X, maybe re-sizing it, but I’m hoping somebody else got more out of it all, and can tell you what the Big Reveal really was.

I didn't get any more out of it than you did. I did learn some things from the text on Oak Island in the Nova Scotia Legislature. If I can find the link again I will post it, but it is out there online.
Of course I have always premised Oak Island to have only been a temporary port as evidenced by the drilled mooring stones.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby . . . on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 pm

wayward wrote:I have read the whole transcript and can only see where a probably indigenous spear had been found.

This Spear of Destiny business is intriguing. I don’t believe the specifics for one moment - that’s probably Pulitzer’s preferred take on it - but I’m thinking it’s nothing to do with the Big Reveal. Could your reference to an indigenous spear be something to do with a surface find?

Maybe such a discovery is to be reported in Season Three, and Pulitzer may have got mad because he’d passed on the information, in confidence, and the fact that he'd done so had been revealed. Hypothetically, of course, because it's highly unlikely he'd have done this!
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby JodyLane3 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Ok thanks. So the big reveal was a teaser for next season. LOL
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:34 pm

. . . wrote:
wayward wrote:I have read the whole transcript and can only see where a probably indigenous spear had been found.

This Spear of Destiny business is intriguing. I don’t believe the specifics for one moment - that’s probably Pulitzer’s preferred take on it - but I’m thinking it’s nothing to do with the Big Reveal. Could your reference to an indigenous spear be something to do with a surface find?

Maybe such a discovery is to be reported in Season Three, and Pulitzer may have got mad because he’d passed on the information, in confidence, and the fact that he'd done so had been revealed. Hypothetically, of course, because it's highly unlikely he'd have done this!

As it turns out Ms. Rafuse mentioned a spear, but never called it the "Spear of Destiny". Where this came from I can only guess as you did :wink: . According to the transcript of the meeting (legislative) there have been many historical objects found and turned over to N.S.M., but the concern was perhaps not all of them. These objects, as I understand it were either indigenous or of later but still historic remains of the various attempts by treasure hunters.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Return to General Discussion